Thursday, March 12, 2009

Twister Film Critique




My name is Logan I am a meteorologist from Kingjals University. First of all I would like to say that I liked the movie Twister and I thought that most of the information in it was very accurate.
This movie was about a girl named Joe who lost her father in a tornado. Many years later Joe still feels pain for all the people that lost their loved ones in tornadoes and storms and becomes a meteorologist/storm chaser. Joe also becomes a storm chaser because she wants to launch this invention of her and her partners that is suppose, if launched correctly, gives them readings on tornadoes and will eventually help them warn people at least 15 minutes early before the tornado even touches the surface of the Earth.
Personally I liked the movie Twister but there were some things that, as a scientist, bothered me. For example tornadoes form faster than they did in the movie it takes tornadoes about 20 to 30 seconds to form whereas in the movie it made them take about five minutes. Another example would be the tornadoes moved very slowly in the movie and, once again, in real life the tornadoes move much faster than they did in the movie. But the thing that bothered me the most was when the F5 tornado went over the shed and picked up all the sharp metal tools and Joe was in the tornado nothing even hit her and it didn’t pull out the pipe she was tied up to. I think that, that bothered me because in the middle of the movie a cow was flying around in a tornado and the F5 tornado that Joe was in was almost clear except for some dirt.

No comments: